Culinary arts department hosts final bake sale of semester

394
0

The Delta College culinary arts department held its sixth and final bake sale of the semester from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on March 14 in lower Danner Hall.

For breakfast, the top sellers were ham and cheese croissants and blueberry scones, which, according to the chefs, sold out quickly.

Pastries, Danishes and muffins were also available for breakfast.

Other specials included the personal pizza, fresh waffles and gourmet sandwiches.

“I usually get the pizza whenever I can, it’s just that good and I like it better than those famous pizzas,” said student Richard Sanchez, a fan of the pepperoni pizza.

Another student had a different craving for the gourmet sandwiches, sophomore Chavo Maciel said he enjoys the sandwiches because they’re original.

“I always like sandwiches better when people get creative with it, I get tired of the usual,” Maciel said.

The desserts weren’t to be forgotten.

The bake sale had different flavored cookies, brownies and chocolate-covered strawberries. Cookies were also a huge attraction for students.

Student Chef John Hawkins, who was involved in the bake sale, was enthusiastic about working in the event.

“This is our last bake sale of the year and it’s good to end on a positive note,” said Hawkins. “It’s nice to see people waiting in line for our best sellers such as the ham and cheese croissants and the blueberry scones.”

The sale was the last of the semester because the baking part of the class is only half a semester long.

The student chefs will now start the second half of the class.