Art & Gift Fair takes over Danner

770
0
SELLING WARES: Sellers display clothing and accessories in Upper Danner. PHOTO BY JERMAINE DAVIS

Delta College’s Fashion Department hosted students, staff, faculty and visitors on campus during the Fashion Club’s annual Art & Gift Fair on March 4-5 in Danner Hall.

The fair is dedicated to local and small businesses that want to show off products to buyers and distributors in the area.

Returning vendors such as Mary Kay and Magic Senses were in attendance with new products, as well as first-time vendors looking to expand.

“We have a few of our usual vendors and we have some new ones like Tai’s Place which sells blankets and clothing for dog, so we have a wide range of all sorts of things,” said Leslie Asfour, fashion department professor.

Energy drink “Go Girl” is one of the sponsors who gave a donation to the Fashion Department.

The students involved are excited about the fair because it gives them a sense of how marketing and promotion goes hand-in-hand with products to sell.

“I love the Art & Gift Fair it’s actually one of the easiest events that the Fashion Department puts together. Our main goal is to find vendors and marketing the event,” said Delta student Karina Calderon.

Students and staff come to the fair to see a wide range of products from soap to lotions, bracelets and jewelry.

“This event is good for the students because it gives them a different take on the retail industry,” said Asfour.

Delta’s Fashion Department next event will be the Nearly New Sale on April 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.