Stockton’s own Brandin Cooks, first round draft pick prospect

334
0

The city of Stockton may not be well known around the country, but Stockton natives aren’t letting their cities lack of popularity keep them down.

Lincoln High School graduate and anticipated first round pick of this year’s NFL draft, wide receiver Brandin Cooks.

Cooks has had success early and often in his football career.

During his time at Lincoln, he was a three sport athlete with blazing speed, and earned the nickname of ‘Sonic Boom.”

Cooks stood alone as the star with his stellar play that earned him multiple awards including:
Offensive Player of the Year, All-Area, and team MVP in both his junior and senior seasons.

Cooks’ excellent ability and outstanding stats earned him numerous scholarships from universities around the west coast.

Ultimately, the football star committed to Oregon State, where his football success not only continued, they flourished.

However, due to his freshman status, Cooks didn’t see much action until his sophomore year in 2012 and he didn’t disappoint.

In 2012, he became a go-to receiver when he started all 13 games and collected 67 receptions and gained 1,151 yards and five touchdowns.

Cooks racked up 226 receptions, 3,272 yards and 24 touchdowns in his three-year career at Oregon State.

Cooks’ playmaking ability caught the eyes of NFL scouts and made them hope he would forgo his senior season, and Cooks once again did not
dissapoint.

Cooks has decided to take his talents to the next level and enter the NFL Draft.

During the NFL scouting combine this year, he ran the fastest 40 yard dash (4.33 seconds).

He is being labeled as a top option in a class of receivers being thought of as potentially one of the most talented of all time.

For those who plan on watching the draft, don’t plan on waiting to long to hear the commissioner announce his name.

Cooks is projected by many NFL experts to be drafted anywhere from mid to late in the first round of the 2014 NFL draft.

Wherever he goes, it’s hard to believe that Cooks won’t be able to continue the success he’s had from high shcool and his college days.

Stockton residents are anticipating on seeing the local kid from Lincoln High do well.

Odds are he will most likely compete at a high level, as he enters the NFL as a rookie in the 2014 upcoming season.