Rock ‘n’ roll over rap

394
0

Rock music is on the rise and there is nothing that the competition can do about it.

It may not be the classic rock of the 1970s that fought for love not war or heavy metal that turned heads and scared the elderly, but it’s rock.

“It’s what people are into, it goes into a cycle,” said by Delta student Monica Casillas.

The last time rock was relevant was back in the 1990s with bands such as Nirvana and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

At that time though, the bands were overshadowed by rap music with the help of infamous, but now dead, rap artists Tupac and Biggie.

However, that was then and this is now.

Today rock is making it’s run at mainstream music.

Rock bands now include groups including Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons and Coldplay among others.

This is what the cool kids are listening to these days.

Rap artists such as Drake, Nicki Minaj and newcomer Iggy Azalea are keeping rap afloat for no, but a person can only listen to songs about women, drugs and money so many times.

Rap songs now-a-days are all the same.

If you’ve heard one, you’ve heard them all.

The premise of each song is the supremacy the rapper has above everyone else, whether it be because they have more money or they’re better looking. It’s getting old.

That is why this is the perfect time for rock music to make it’s move and for the sake of good quality music, let’s hope it does.

It can’t hurt the cause to have a little help from old friends including Coldplay and Maroon 5.

These two specific bands have had their share of success lately, especially Maroon 5.

Hit songs including “Maps” and “Love Somebody” have propelled Maroon 5 up the charts.

The band currently has three songs on the Billboard’s Hot 100 list.

As mentioned before, Coldplay has had a run of success as of late with their songs “Magic” and “Sky Full of Stars.”

Although, the band that has sky-rocketed themselves up everyone’s charts is Imagine Dragons.

“The song ‘Radioactive’ has been certified six times Platinum and “Demons” has racked up over 1.3 million in sales,” according to a January 2014 article entitled “Imagine Dragons Humbly Discuss Recent Success” on Music Connection.

“Rock is finally dead,” said legendary rocker Gene Simmons in a recent interview for Esquire.

KISS frontman went on to say, “The death of rock was not a natural death. Rock did not die of old age. It was murdered.”

Gene Simmons is right. His rock is dead. Today’s rock on the other hand is alive and well.