Five student-friendly apps to help in college

455
0

Are you making the most of your smartphone in college? Here are five free apps, avaliable for Android and iPhone, you might want to try.

IFTTT
App Store Rating: 4.5/5
Our Rating: 4/5
Why: This app works like a supervisor for popular apps such as: Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and weather. IFTTT monitors your apps and plays middleman. If you’re interested in your device automatically emailing you or posting one status to multiple social media, or even backing files up for you the minute they are emailed, this app is for you. Editing premade “recipes” seems like the best way to go.

Starbucks
App Store Rating: 3/5
Our Rating: 3/5
Why: This app allows students to pay for drinks and even tip their barista without having to dig into any pockets or wallets.

This app offers deals and locations nearby. It’s free to download but you do need to connect some currency to make
purchases. It also is prone to crashing.

Chegg
App Store Rating: 4.5/5
Our Rating: 4/5
Why: This app offers the ability to rent physical textbooks and e-book versions of text books, limited access to homework help, access to
personalized student deals and other helpful student services.

However, the e-books are only available online, which limits access for students who have inconsistent connectivity.

Dropbox
App Store Rating: 3.5/5
Our Rating: 4/5
Why: Backing up files is a great idea for students in the digital age.

With this app students can access files shared to Dropbox from anywhere. It is comparable to Google Drive.

Evernote
App Store Rating: 4.5/5
Our Rating: 4.5/5
Why: Evernote allows you to make notes like a pro. Functionality is limited by connectivity and all of the features can be overwhelming to
navigate for new users.

However, a spell check feature is missing and that would be a valuable addition.