Holiday, snow fun at Dell’Osso

971
0
DELL’ OSSO FAMILY FUN: Valley residents go out of the normal Lathrop element for some fun in the snow. PHOTO BY MIDORI MORITA

Winter in San Joaquin Valley doesn’t always fulfill the stormy and white expectations of the cliché holiday season.

The Dell’Osso family recognizes this and gives people in the area an opportunity to enjoy winter activities we normally don’t get to experience in San Joaquin County. Dell’Osso Family Farm takes a new shape during the holiday season from now through Jan. 5.

“Holidays on the Farm” has lots to see and do. A number of activities including “Snow on the Farm,” “Lights on the Farm,” “Santa’s Village” and “Ice Skating on the Farm” will transport visitors to a Winter Wonderland.

The farm’s main attraction during the holiday season is the man-made snow hill.

Customers purchase a reservation for a 90-minute session in which they ride tubes down a slippery slope.

The hill is safe for children to ride alone if taller than 48 inches.

Single, double and small tubes are provided for all in attendance.

Along with the snow hill, children can also enjoy some snow in the Farm’s snow pile.

A machine spews snow constantly while children and adults alike play in the snow pile.

Families from around the San Joaquin County area can purchase Christmas trees from the farm.

Along with trees, the farm also sells Christmas décor and treats.

Holidays on the Farm holds the largest outdoor light show in Northern California.

Visitors can see it by open-air hayride, tram or in their own cars.

Dell’Osso isn’t just fun for the thousands of families that attend.

Employees also join in on the fun by providing these families with a safe and friendly environment.

Nicole Stevenson, a Dell’Osso employee, has been working on the farm for five years and enjoys seeing the joy on children’s faces when they come to the farm.

“I basically get paid to have fun,” stated Stevenson.

Many people don’t know the Dell’Osso family works side-by-side with all of their employees.

“Everyone here is like family. We all get to know each other, and the Dell’Osso family is amazing,” Stevenson said.

Year after year, the Dell’Osso Family Farm continues to deliver nothing less than the best, attracting more
families with fun-filled attractions every year.