Upcoming year to bring onslaught of movie sequels

638
0
Brace yourself, the sequels are coming. While 2014 seemed to be the year of the super hero movie, 2015 has the potential to be the year of the sequel.

Some major and questionable sequels are out in the upcoming year.

In January, we are promised “Taken 3” (Why isn’t one of his skills kidnap prevention?) and “The Woman in Black 2: Angels of Death.”

In February, “Hot Tub Time Machine 2” and “SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water” hope to make splashes at the box office.

In March, we see our first book-based sequel, “The Divergent Series: Insurgent,” and more for the horror fans, “Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension.”

April offers up something we hoped to forget and someone we want to remember with “Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2,” starring Kevin James, and “Furious 7,” starring the late Paul Walker.

Two of the most anticipated sequels of the year debut in May, “Pitch Perfect 2” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

June pulls no punches by giving us “Ted 2,” “The Transporter Legacy,” “Jurassic World” and “Insidious: Chapter 3.”

July is heavy on the muscle, offering some- thing for both sexes in “Terminator: Genisys” and “Magic Mike XXL.”

Movie goers have a choice of martial arts or mur- der in August between “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny” or “Sinister 2.”

Things slow down in September with “Hotel Transylvania 2,” being the only sequel.

Chevy Chase returns to take us on another National Lampoon “Vacation” in October while terror takes on the UK in “London Has Fallen.”

James Bond, Katniss Everdeen and Jason Voorhees battle it out for box office bucks
in November with the releases of “Spectre,” “The Hunger Games: Mokingjay Part 2” and “Friday the Thirteenth” sequel.

Naughty or nice, December is a force to be reckoned with, gifting the silver screen with “Mission Impossible V,” “Kung Fu Panda 3,” “Inferno,” and arguably the biggest franchise of the year, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”

It looks like the return of these stories will have many of us returning to the theaters in 2015, signaling high returns for studios wallets.