Live action, big screen, all Disney

578
0

Disney is known for making our “dreams come true” and having that special place in our childhoods.

On March 23, Disney’s live-action version of “Cinderella” was released in theaters.

This movie has been much anticipated since the trailer debuted.

Now, Disney has announced it is also remaking “Beauty & the Beast” and “Dumbo.”

Is it a good idea Disney is starting to remake the original classics?

Disney has remade a couple classics such as “101 Dalmations” and “Alice in Wonderland,” but now it seems they are trying to remake these classics more often.

While some may say never mess with the classics, I don’t see the problem.

Seeing a cartoon come to life is different, but in a good way.

“Having Disney remake classics into live-action movies is a great idea. I love the fact that they are bringing celebrities to the big ‘magical’ screen,” said Delta College student Tauveve Rodriguez.

According to Yahoo, Cinderella made $67.9 million opening weekend, which shows how people are responding to this remake.

After seeing Cinderella this past weekend, I know in my heart it truly is a good idea. Sitting there watching it, took me back to when I was a child.

When the Fairy Godmother transformed her flats into glass slippers, it really hit home for me. As a little girl, I envied those shoes and still do.

It gives the older generation a way to connect back to their younger selves and be reminded that we all are kids at heart.

Even though it had some parts that were sad, it made it a little realistic and magical at the same time.

They added a few things including Cinderella’s mother in the beginning yet, still keeping it original with the iconic glass slipper.

Classics will never be replaced, but it’s nice to bring it back and vamp it up a bit.