Kendrick Lamar inducting N.W.A. into Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall Of Fame

278
0

N.W.A will be inducted to the 2016 Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame.

The legendary gangsta-rap group has been granted access into the Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Fame after being nominated four times before.

Still celebrating the success of the box office biopic “Straight Outta Compton” the group is making their way back into the spotlight.

Some students at Delta College expressed excitement for the group.

Jacqueline Zenn grew up on the group’s music and was excited to hear about the induction.

“That’s what’s up because who would ever think that a group so controversial will be inducted. That shows that freedom of speech is being recognized,” she said.

“I think it’s amazing. It feels like their the first street level rap group. The the first of their kind,” says Aaron Conboy.

Kendrick Lamar will be inducting the group at Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony.

“N.W.A. did a lot more than entertain, they told me the truth,” said fellow Compton native Lamar in a Billboard interview he did conducted with the group in July.

Lamar is also known for rapping about politically and powerful subjects in his “To Pimp A Butterfly” album, which earned five Grammy awards.Lamar credits N.W.A. for being his inspiration.

Dr. Dre, a former member of N.W.A, was featured on Lamar’s previous album and Lamar appears in the introductory video for “Straight Outta Compton.”

In October, Lamar paid honor to late former member Eazy-E in a tribute in Rolling stone magazine.

“People were scared to talk about these kinds of tough situations, but because Eazy and the group took it upon themselves to talk about these things every artist is able to and they owe it to him,” said Lamar.

Eight-hundred people voted for this year’s inductees which also include Cheap Trick, Deep Purple, the Steve Miller Band and Chicago.

The ceremony will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on April 8. The show will air on HBO on April 30.