A letter to the president

556
0
Nylah Missouri. PHOTO BY ALIYAH STOECKL

An eight-year-old invited the busiest man in the world to her house for dinner. A few months later she got a surprise in the mail.

Nylah Missouri. PHOTO BY ALIYAH STOECKL
Nylah Missouri. PHOTO BY ALIYAH STOECKL

Nylah Missouri wrote a letter inviting the presidential family, including the two dogs, to her home. She even knew their names.

“Dear President Obama, Can you and your whole family come to dinner your dogs can come to if you like I even know your dogs names Bo and Sunny you can put them in the back yard I am in the second grade I live with my mom and my dad and my little Brother, there names are Traniel and Bernard the 2nd and Bernard the 3rd and dogs Peckham and Theo so hope you guys can come! Love, Nylah,” said Missouri’s letter.

Missouri anxiously waited months, going to the mailbox everyday to check for a letter back.
She knew that there was a slim chance of a response back.

“I felt like it would be cool to see him u pclose…and to talk about his job,” said Missouri.
It wasn’t a surprise hearing her say that, said her mother.

“Nylah does all kinds of things. I handed her a pen and paper and she sent the letter. I explained to her he’s very busy,” said mother Traniel Missouri.

Missouri’s wait came to an end when she finally received a letter back from the white house in the mail a few months later.

“Dear Nylah: Thank you for writing. Stories from young people like you inspire me ev- ery day, and I’m glad you took the time to tell me a little about your life. In the years ahead, always remember that nothing is beyond your reach as long as you are willing to dream big and work hard. If you stay focused on your education, I know there are no limits to what you can achieve. Thank you, again, for sharing your story with me. I wish you all the best. Sincerely, Barack Obama.”

Missouri also received a signed portrait of President Obama and his family, their two dogs and a map of the White House.

Filled with over excitement, Missouri told her parents she didn’t need anything for her birthday because this was big enough.

Meanwhile, in honor of Leap Day, Obama hosted a recep- tion celebrating Black History Month with no word yet on whether he will be stopping by Missouri’s home for dinner.

Missouri encouraged others to write to the President of the United States.

“Go for it, because nothing is impossible,” said Missouri.