Juice’ still sour regardless of not guilty verdict

757
0

“We the people find the defendant, Orenthal James Simpson, not guilty of first degree murder.”

With one simple sentence on October 3, 1995, 12 members of a jury ended the trial that encapsulated the world, but left a national audience asking, “How did one man get away with murder?”

With Hollywood running out of original ideas for entertainment, people’s lives are now the focus for television or movies.

The FX channel has recently released its look on what people call the “Trial of The Century,” in “The People Vs. O.J. Simpson.”

The show reenacts the aftermath of the double murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.

Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski developed the mini-series, based off the book, “The Run of His Life: The People v. O. J. Simpson.”

FX planned for a 10-show miniseries shown at 9 p.m. on Tuesdays.

While the anticipated show delivered in every aspect of covering the events, the show continuously shows a guilty man that was given the Hollywood treatment.

From the moment Simpson, who is played by Academy Award winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr., is picked up for questioning by the police, he fumbles with his whereabouts on the night of the murders.

This leaves lead Prosecutor Marcia Clark, played by Sarah Paulson, astonished how the police treat Simpson by not going for the jugular and trapping his answers, leaving him able to change his story later.

Of course L.A. was just getting over the Rodney King riots two years before and may have not wanted a repeat while the city is recovering.

However, how can a race riot break out over a man who is acting in every which way guilty of murder?

The Los Angeles Police Department’s (LAPD) main excuse for a 32-minute interrogation is that it’s O.J.

Simpson, he could not have done it or that they could not do their job out of fear of being called racist?

I guess that is the consequences of employing so many racist cops in one department.

As the investigation goes on with the LAPD’s finest, they collect blood evidence, discover a glove, a ski mask and footprints running away from Brown’s home.

Now all they have to do is secure the scene to find the other glove and match the blood to victim’s and murderer. Open and shut case.

Or is it?

As police stop by to notify Simpson of his wife being murdered, blood is discovered in his car.

So instead of calling it in to headquarters, detective Mark Furhman, climbs a gated wall, private property I may add, to enter Simpson’s residence.

With Simpson away in Chicago, he just so happened to leave a couple hours after the murders, the boys in blue find the other glove behind his guesthouse.

To add insult to injury, Brown and Goldman’s blood is also discovered on Simpson’s property.

Light up the cigars, case closed, lets move on to another case.

It should have been that easy right?

Nope. It just so happens Furhman wall jumping skills gives Simpson’s lawyers a stronger defense that most likely would have been used anyway, the color of skin.

Yes, believe it or not the man who finds the most damaging evidence turns out to be a racist.
What are the chances of that?

Of course the greed of LA’s great citizens also comes out.

Some people tell police that they saw O.J.’s white Bronco driving wildly away from Brown’s residence with the alleged murderer screaming explicitly to get out of the way, well they decide to cash in by selling their story for $5,000 and five minutes of fame.

So now the blood, the glove, the interrogation and the fact people would rather get paid than to put a murderer behind bars.

While Simpson may have walked away from this trial and out of jail without ever meeting a new love, he could not stay out of trouble.

In 2008, Simpson was charged and Convicted of robbery and kidnapping, receiving a 33-year prison sentence.

While many people will say they finally got him for what he did, the fact is he still got a away with murder, allegedly, while all parties involved, from the police, to the lawyers cashed in on two people’s mishandled justice.