Maturing into adult college students

367
0

Growing up for everyone is different.
Some have to take care of their families at a very young age.
Some had to start working once they became a teenager.
As for other people, some are just well taken cared of, where they don’t have to work at all, because the family can take care of them.

Christina Romo, a Delta college student said, “I can say that I was honestly blessed growing up. Blessed enough to be fortunate to be raised by both of my parents. They were both present in my life. I’d have to say that when I was around the ages between six or seven, I had to learn responsibility at such a young age. I have a younger brother that’s two years younger than me. Even at a young age, we were supposed to be responsible for each other. I believe that once you pass a certain age that you should be more mature, responsible, and making goals for yourself. My role growing up was to be responsible for my brother and to protect him and vice versa for him. I would make sure he would get up on time for school and to help him with his homework,”

Growing up for me, I had it pretty easy. My parents told me in high school to just mainly focus on my education.
They helped me financially once I entered college at age eighteen and I’m still in college.
My parents stopped paying for my education a few years ago, due to financial reasons.
So, the Board of Education (BOG) waiver pays for my classes.
I am 25 years old now, and I got my first job when I was 21. I guess you can say I’m a late bloomer.
I help my parents pay for some of their bills and I pay for some of my bills as well.
I can only help them so much, because I don’t make enough to provide them more money. Now that I am in my mid 20’s, I have learned to be more responsible and I have grown to be somewhat of an adult.
At times it can get stressful and frustrating, because I was always so used to having my parents pay for everything. I also love going out a lot, but I rarely go out now since I have bills to pay.
When I was in high school, some of my friends started working at age sixteen.

I now look back at my teenage years, wishing that I did the same thing, because I would have learned responsibility at a young age and maturity.
It’s best to start young, that way one can develop even more good habits and responsibilities once they are older. I think that we all continue to grow no matter how old we get.