Mustangs slide into second half of season

1348
0

The Mustangs came away with a solid win March 30, against Monterey Peninsula College with a 9-5 score.

The Mustangs now sit at 22-5 on the season and have a two game winning streak going into the second half of the season.

This win was due to a second inning explosion of runs as the Mustangs brought in six runners in the second and a solid six inning outing by Pitcher #37 Noah Denoyer.

Denoyer said he “felt pretty well” about his start.

Denoyer got out of a rough 3 run third inning and holding Monterey to 5 runs. “I kept my team in the game,” he said.

Denoyer kept his poise during his outing when was called for an unheard of back to back Balk which brought in a runner coming from second.

Relief pitcher #25 Raul Rizzo finished the game for the Mustangs handing out 3 scoreless innings to end the game. Mustangs are now going back into Big Eight Conference play. This is a huge boost to the teams already high confidence.

Team members were feeling really good about the win. When asked on how big this win was.

“Big win because it is against a non-conference team especially going into the second half of the season,” said Carlos Moseley, No. 5.

The Mustangs’ goal is State Championship and nothing less, Delta hasn’t won state since 2011 but deep pitching and consistent hitting gives them a great chance to compete.

“Just staying focused, Competing all around, that’s what the coaches been preaching,” said Moseley on what were the keys on getting the win.

Delta sits at 3rd in the Big 8 conference behind Santa Rosa and Sacramento City.

Delta added to their winning streak with a win on April 4 against Modesto Pirates with a 7-1 score.

The Mustangs’ second game of the three game series against the Pirates is on April 6, then back to Modesto to wrap the series up on April 8.