Cast Iron serves fusion of pub food, art

1383
0

From popping up at the local market, to finding the perfect location in beautiful downtown Stockton, Cast Iron Trading Co. has been providing locals with what Executive Chef Eric Lee, the owner, likes to call, “gourmet pub food.”  Whether you want to try Bri Bri’s chicken and waffles or a rib-eye brunch burger with vegan tots, you’ll find that Cast Iron has a concise menu for breakfast, brunch and lunch with something for everybody including options for vegetarians.

Lee, a Stockton native and self taught cook, expressed that when it came to creating his menu, he wanted to use original dishes that everyone loved and enjoyed but with a “Cast Iron” twist. Interestingly enough, I found that they switch up items on their menu daily. This is perfect for the person who likes to try new things.

Not only can you find great food here but you will also find a vast selection of crafted beers and kombucha all from local brewers. You’ll find that they have 50-60 craft beers and about eight to nine draft beers on tap Monday through Sunday.

Aside from pairing their dishes with a nice cold crafted beer, you’ll enjoy the calm and comforting ambiance of the café surrounded by beautiful abstract and profiled art created by local artists. This gives the place a hip look and vibe. Once you walk in the door, your ears will immediately be greeted by the smooth sounds of a live performance. The performer varies depending on the day, but rest assured, you walk in and you’ll most likely find someone behind the microphone. October 20 will mark Cast Iron’s two-year anniversary and to this day their focus is still “always about food, beer and culture,” said Eric Lee.  If you want to find out more information concerning their menu, hours and anything related you may email them at castirontradingco@gmail.com, call at (209) 227-8585 or stop by their location downtown at 114 N San Joaquin St.

Cast Iron owner and executive chef, Eric Lee welcoming customers to his restaurant on Sept. 23.
Bri bri’s chicken and waffles order and locally crafted beer from Cast Iron restaurant.

Cast Iron signs above counter welcomes customers.