Student’s advice on positivity through life

1123
0

Change is inevitable. Just like the seasons changing, the sun and the moon coming and going, change happens.

Being a college student means classes, full or part time (and don’t forget the outside coursework and extra tutoring). It’s a lot to be a student.

Some students are even parents, take care of their siblings or even work multiple jobs while charging towards their bigger life goals.

Sometimes change happens when we least expect it and can be at the perfect time, but also the worst. The important thing is to not lose your will when life isn’t going your way.

Author Charles R. Swindoll once said, “I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.”

The reason I bring up this quote is because this is what I thought of a few weeks ago when I got  rejected from the college I was supposed to transfer to.

Was it my plan to get rejected? No. Was I going to sit and dwell on the fact that my plans are now changed? Maybe. But I can’t lose my will to keep going.

Life doesn’t stop and I have so many goals that I want to achieve and just because this is a setback, it doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy it.

For all the students and even faculty reading this, I’m sure they’ve had setbacks in life, but that doesn’t mean life stops for them.

Whether it’s not getting the promotion, getting an A in the class, not getting your dream girl and so much more, you don’t give up.

Can you imagine if a baby said “Oh, I don’t think this walking thing is for me, I keep falling,” when they’re learning to walk? But they don’t, they get back up and keep trying until they finally can walk and run.

Just because something doesn’t work out the first time doesn’t mean that you’re never going to get any of those things. You have to stay focused, keep your will and just keep trying.