‘Game of Thrones’ not a show for posers

2407
0

It doesn’t matter whether you’re a Tyrion Lannister or Daenerys Targaryen.

The key word is “fan.”

With seemingly everyone talking about the “Game of Thrones’” final season, there have been some watching just to be in the loop.

“It’s ridiculous,” said Melissa Gonzalez, Delta College student.

These people have ignored the other seasons, maybe only seeing a couple of episodes or not watching a single episode. For long-running shows or movies like “Game of Thrones,” it is essential to see the past seasons.

“I feel like it doesn’t make sense…you don’t understand without watching the other seasons,” said Gonzalez.

Even if some these trend seekers started watching the other seasons while watching season eight they’re getting spoilers. They’re getting influenced by knowing what they know about season eight.

You need to go into the series blind to get the full experience.

It’s in the early seasons is when you decide which character you despise and admire.

“Tyrion: Because he proves that brawn doesn’t really matter but brain does in a normal environment…that there is no use of honor when people are backstabbing like crazy,” said Delta student Prashant Anand, about his favorite character.

Tyrion can be a prime example for not skipping through.

“Game of Thrones” is more about wits. You need to outsmart your enemies to make it out alive. Tyrion could be harsh but he is one those characters that has grown through the seasons of ‘Game of Thrones,’” said Anand.

Tyrion is the youngest child of Tywin Lannister and you get some idea of what he had gone through when he father had said: “ You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. Men’s laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors since I cannot prove you are not mine … the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wear ring that proud lion that was my father’s sigil and his father’s before him.”

He was blamed by his father and sister, Cersei, constantly for killing his mother so it comes to no surprise he became a man who only cared for himself and booze with his motto being: “I drink and I know things.” He does know things because besides what his father thinks he is incredible smart and is currently using his skill to help his family’s enemy get the throne.

The series as a whole is unpredictable.

While those who read the books may have more of an expectation of what will happen, things have changed in the television series — sometimes dramatically.

Trend seekers would never appreciate any of this — they just see it as part of being in the “it” crowd.

This could also be a reason why the show has become so trendy, populating meme culture and hospital nurseries.

People have starting naming their children after Game of Thrones characters, an improvement from the Instagram filter names from a couple years ago.

According to an HuffPost Life article based on information from Social Security Administration in 2013 the name “Arya” rose from 387 to 1135 and the name “Khaleesi” in 2015 was 241. Khaleesi’s actual name “Daenerys” didn’t appear  in any birth certificates until in 2013, when there were 67.

Besides everything if you want to see the show, it’s not much of a chore to watch the other seasons.

“It’s a good show, but be prepared for the emotional drama,” said Gonzalez.