Delta launches Certified Nursing Assistant program with Lodi Adult School

2899
0
Photo courtesy of Delta College

Delta has partnered with Lodi Adult School for a new Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program for Spring 2022.

The nine-week program is a revival of the college’s previous CNA program, which was put on hold due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

“The program has always been on our campus in Stockton, this is the first time we are taking it to Lodi Adult School,” said Alex Breitler, Delta’s director of Marketing, Communication and Outreach. “There might be a lot of opportunities for students who are trying to reach back to school for a new career, they can do this at the same time earning their GED.”

Students will also be able to get hands-on experiences in the program.
“There’s a large retirement center on Lodi that we partner with and students who sign up for the program are going to be able to do their clinical at the retirement home,” said Breitler.

The first section of the program starts on Jan. 10, 2022, and ends March 11. The lecture for the nursing program would be held in Lodi Adult School on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Clinical work is scheduled for Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Anyone can apply to Delta College to participate in the program.

“The program is only nine weeks, the hours are specified by the board. It is 25 hours,” said Acting Dean of Health Fitness Lisa Lucchesi.

“The application deadline for the first semester was on Nov. 5, however, there is a second semester for CNA.”

Therefore, students should still stay updated for the second rotation.“We are determined to open applications or for people who are on the waitlist. Second course is in March and ends on May 20,” she said.

The cost for the program is $770, which includes the classes and supplies.

“Few of the materials students will need will be the uniforms, books, and students can apply for financial aid,” said Lucchesi. “It is a Delta course that will be taken in Lodi Adult School, therefore enrollment will be through Delta.”

Students get a glimpse of how it can be in the nursing field. Students can also further pursue a nursing degree or other advanced healthcare training.

“It gives you the opportunity to go out there and get a job in the CNA market,” said Lucchesi. “Students get points in the nursing field and CNA are very hands on”

There is an information form about the program on Delta’s College website at deltacollege.edu/program/certified-nursing-assistant.