EPIC bash welcomes students back

116
0

Delta’s EPIC and APIAE (Asian and Pacific Islander students) LC programs held a Back to School Bash for the 2024-25 school year on August 28th. 

President of the learning community programs, Stacy Vang provided further details about EPIC & APIAE.

“Currently under the epicenter we have two learning communities, EPIC and APIAE. EPIC helps students in their first year decide what they want to major in and research more for their futures, and APIAE are those returning students who provide community engagement, these communities support the Asian American and Pacific Islanders college success, though not limited to other communities,” Vang said 

This program has grown a lot over the years and has caught many eyes as a great opportunity for their collegiate goals. 

“Previously the groups have been smaller but this year is larger, sitting at almost 50 students in each program as of right now, and we plan to have more to join in the coming years,” Vang said in an interview.

The event gave students the opportunity to introduce themselves to one another and build a community. 

Students  were provided with food, games, prizes, and many more things for students to enjoy themselves and their peers’ company. 

Some students such as Grace Lau, a fourth-year student, and Rameet Singh, a third-year student, gave an insight of what this community has done for them.

“The community has been great, the EPIC community has really helped me with my education and career choices, what I really appreciate is the counseling they offer, they help us talk to a counselor much faster,” said Lau.

This community has impacted me in a positive way personally and mentally, the people here are very friendly, whenever I am having a problem someone is always willing to help,” said Singh