Volleyball wins against Lassen in 3-0 victory

111
0

On Sept.11 Delta’s volleyball team beat Lassen in a stunning 3-0 victory, with scores of 25-11, 25-15, 25-17.

This is the teams 10th win so far in their amazing season so far as they are reaching the halfway point of the regular season, despite all the highs and lows.

“This group has been through a lot all season, especially with injured players, so having the players get comfortable in different positions and situations is very crucial for us,” said head coach, Molly Hummel.

With players being vocal on the court the coaches were thrilled on the victory.

“The girls communicated very well with each other as well as serving and passing the ball while being in sync offensively.” said Hummel.

The reigning back to back big 8 conference champions have their eyes on winning the state tournament this season, where they fell short last season finishing in 5th place. The team believes they have some things they can improve on in order to finish the
year stronger than they started.

“Moving forward we are working on our energy and communication just like today, especially with two of our starters out. It will help us move forward into our season. said Emily Vickers, the outside hitter for the team.

“I could work on my back rows and receiving the ball as well, but overall I felt great about my contribution to the team. Especially with our all-American center out,” said Vickers.

Hummel also voiced about having the team continue to communicate in order for this team to continue its success.

“We are working a lot on communication throughout the year and this special group on this team needs to continue doing so to progress into the rest of the season,” said Hummel.

Hummel and the team are excited about what they have accomplished so far, but also hungry to continue on having a strong campaign.