Surviving Black Friday

2515
0

Black Friday, a nerve-wracking and anxiety-inducing day, marks an annual sale across the county that follows after the memorable holiday, Thanksgiving.

After the holiday feast begins the carnage between customers and the markdown 50 percent cat apparel with vibrant festive print. 

To avoid the relentless long hours spent outside, due to last minute planning, brings about the imperative Black Friday holiday shopping guide.

“Wild, loud, crowded, anxious, and competitive,” said Tutti Frutti Yogurt Manager Monica Hernandez of the emotions throughout the annual shopping holiday.

The first step to tackling this stressful holiday is having a set goal in mind.  

It’s easy to get lost in the sea of deals plastered across each passing store window from 30 percent to almost 50 percent in the entire store. These stores often find a way to market themselves to consumers that are “window-shopping” with no aim or goal in mind. Which in turn causes shoppers mindlessly wandering throughout these stores, racking up expensive purchases. 

Planning ahead not only saves the headaches, but can help set a clear goal in mind. Think of early holiday shopping. Think of next season shopping.

The next point is safety in numbers.

Travel in groups, because it’s easier to navigate through a crowd. Just like the ebb and flow of the ocean, going against the tide of people will knock you back when it comes to a new shiny pristine plate set.

“This is an opportunity to do a family thing,” said Janet Ngyuen, a University of the Pacific student majoring in Psychology. 

It’s an opportunity to maneuver against the crowd while creating an intimate moment with your loved ones. Traveling in numbers is always a safe option, because you avoid the risk of being lost amongst the intersection of multiple stores.

Another point is rest and regenerating. 

Black Friday, traditionally a one-holiday thing, has now extended itself to a week-long event.  It’s imperative to rest and regenerate. Bringing a hydro flask or water bottle saves the stress of having to spend more money on top of one’s purchase. While you’re saving money on spending money on beverages, you’ll be able to use that money for the better good. 

More clothes. More deals.

It’s important to eat food as well during the holiday. It can easily slip the mind while you’re shopping. The mixed emotions of hunger, confusion, and anxiety can cause a person to forget to eat. 

Not all stores offer Black Friday deals.

“Customers expect deals, but Hobby Lobby, no deals on Black Friday. We’re notoriously known for having sales each week,”said Customer Service Manager Mylea Phou, bringing about the importance that not all stores will offer Black Friday deals. 

This ties back to the stigma that all shops will always have deals on Black Friday; however, not all stores are obligated to have deals. It’s important to conduct your personal research on what stores would offer a Black Friday deal.

While the hype of Black Friday is notoriously known, another safe and viable option is Cyber Monday. This virtual shopping holiday, provides the ease of browsing through catalogs of items without the stress of worrying if the store has the item in the store. Cyber Monday allows people to shop at the comfort of their home. It’s like if Black Friday was brought to the house.

Lastly, remember to shop safely. Public safety is an important factor to the Black Friday survival list.