Are book films better than the book?

2433
0

As holidays are approaching, it’s the time for movies and marathons on television. People are also getting ready to start Christmas shopping.

Those two things go hand-in-hand when considering that more people are streaming series, movies, and shows than opening a good book.

However, when asking students if they would prefer to read or watch a movie, students agreed they enjoyed watching movies but would rather read a book instead.

Harry Potter is a classic movie that is mostly played during the Christmas season. Many students are also very familiar with movies and books.

“Harry Potter is one of the movies and books that I have read before. I am more towards the book, I like the book more because it’s more interesting and gives out more details that the movie doesn’t give out,” said Carlos Hernandez, a student in Delta.

While the book can be more descriptive, movies can also be fun to watch with family for the holidays.

“Harry Potter is also a friendly classical movie you can watch with the family for the holidays and the books are amazing. They can also make a great gift, even the movies,” said Hernandez.

Regardless of whether students are doing reading for a few classes some still enjoy reading a book more than watching movies. Hernandez says, “I rather read books or comic books than watch a movie because it makes it more interesting.”

Books are not the only thing that they make a movie out of but also comic books are known to be created as movies. Hernandez not only enjoys reading books but comic books as well.

Hernandez said, “For the holidays a book or movie I would recommend to people besides the Harry Potter would be Moon Knight Marvel comic book. It’s very interesting and different compared to other Marvel comic books.”

Some people were never exposed to certain books till watching the movies. Many students can watch a movie and become very interested and later find out a movie can be based on a
book and become interested in it.

“I have never read the Harry Potter books but I recently watched a full marathon of Harry Potter movies on TV,” said Edwin Rodriguez, a student on campus.

I can agree books can be better than movies because they are more detailed with the story. When reading a book it feels more intense as you visualize every detail that is given in the book. Books can expand your imagination more and reading a book, in general, can develop your vocabulary.

“I think the movies are very good and would actually give it a shot to read the books because many people always say books are better than the movies or hold more information than the movie,” Rodriguez said.

“However, a book and movie I have watched are Holes. The movie is very good because Shia LaBeouf is in it but the book is very good. It is more descriptive.” said Rodriguez.“I read the book so many times and never get tired of it. I am in between liking to watch movies and books but when it comes to certain books, for example, Holes or any of my favorites I would rather read the book.” said Rodriguez.

For example, I have never been exposed to the popular film “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” until reading the book first. I really became obsessed with the book and read it two times before watching the film. However, when watching the film I was not amused or satisfied as it was completely different from the book. The only perk of the movie was Emma Watson being in the film.