Is Daylight saving beneficial for you?

409
0

It’s time to reset our clocks as daylight saving time began on March 13.

Daylight savings has always started on the second Sunday of March. Some people argue we do not need daylight savings because it can be exhausting due to lack of sleep from “springing” forward, or it can wreak havoc on day-to-day routines. I take great pleasure in it.

Families can finally be more in touch with outdoors nature for longer hours too.

For instance, on a lovely weekday or weekend, families can take walks at a park with friends or
family members, or go to the beach and watch the sun go down. It’s easy to feel more energetic after having a long day at work just because the sun is still out.

So what can we do to prepare ourselves to be ready to catch sunset views and be sun-kissed longer?

The first thing will be to remain positive, try to make a list of what you can accomplish during daylight saving time: go for a run after work, try to have a day-night or something you have been wanting to do outdoors.

Another thing you can do to prepare yourself for daylight saving is set your clock first thing in the morning on Saturday or a week before, that way you cannot only mentally, but physically get ready for it.

Also, you can indulge in starting healthier habits in your day-on-day routine. For example, eating healthier meals like adding more veggies into your meals as we also approach harvesting season. You can start an exercise plan and it can simply start with a run at the park.

On March 15, daylight saving can become permanent year-round at the beginning of Fall 2023 by Senate approval. However, the bill still needs to be approved by the House of Representatives.

Not only has it become beneficial for us to enjoy the longer outdoors but it can also save us some money because it cuts back on consuming energy.

I believe we do need daylight saving because it can promote safety and reduce crime. For example, the chances of more people being outdoors during daylight saving are higher because you feel safer when there are more people in an environment. Nonetheless, students should still practice safety by wearing a mask outdoors and keeping 6-feet away from one another.

However, I know daylight saving can have its defects for the early birds, as it is still dark outside around 5 and 6 am. So, students who have responsibilities, like needing to go to work or school around that time, should stay cautious while driving or taking walks, as it is still dark outside.

I find daylight saving beneficial for me because it makes me feel safer to be outdoors in the evening. For example, I live in Manteca, for that reason when I am in school past noon I know I don’t have to worry about feeling like it is too late to be in Stockton or simply outdoors even though it’s only 7 p.m.

I also appreciate daylight saving because I can finally start taking a run outdoors after a long day at work and take a break from the gym treadmill.