Looks to slay boom in Spring

1489
0

Spring fling? More like spring bling. As we approach Spring 2022 with a new set of ideas and a new fresh set of goals, navigating the upcoming year with incorporation of viral trends and micro-trends, what’re the in’s and out’s of today’s trends?

WHAT’S IN:

Simplicity at its finest.

With TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, and so many more social media channels influencing everyone’s fashion taste; it’s best to stay true to basic foundations. 

With that being said, what does it mean to be simple? It’s possible to interchangeably switch from solid-colored tees to button-ups to crewnecks, pairing it with a solid-color trousers with simple slip-on shoes. 

The purpose of simplicity is to allow minimalism back into one’s life. Keeping the pieces that spark joy, while accentuating one’s style. 

“I have been wearing more minimal style tops and focusing on all type of accessories such as bags, jewelry, and shoes,” said Olivia Lee, a communication science and disorders major. 

Simplicity at its finest allows those who aren’t too fixated on fashion trends to tune into timeless outfits that wear a piece that either is bold or compliments an outfit. A perfect example is wearing a white shirt with jeans, then pairing the outfit with white chunky shoes and a canvas tan tote bag.

Light Academia Preppy

For those who’re fairly aware of Dark Academia, know the twin sister “Light Academia” that focuses on softer and brighter tones. This style allows individuals to shift the darker color tones onto brighter tones that bounce off the heat. Dark colors attract the heat while light colors repel the heat. 

This style is perfect for those who love to dress business casual without the necessity of overlaying from bulky blazers and heavy trench coats. A perfect outfit would be white silk pants paired with white-laced socks, covered with black loafers and loose beige blouse or button-up. 

Y2K Forever n ever

One fashion trend that will never leave us is Y2K fashion. Fairly popularized by TikTok, it’s a fashion trend that involves a fusion blend of current trends with early Y2K clothes.

“Y2K fashion has been coming into trend recently and along with that I believe flare jeans will also become popular,” said Olivia Lee.

Although it’s a trend that’s best forgotten, it allows those who truly lived during that era to witness the younger generation appreciating certain pieces such as low-rise jeans and butterfly bedazzled shirts. 

WHAT’S OUT:

Crazy Bright Patterns

During quarantine, Shein produced pieces that showcased vibrant and colorful pieces. While they may have been cute at the time, it’s a sign that fast fashion pieces are an example of dying microtrends. Not only do they provide an inconvenience, but provide an inconvenience to the planet.

“I think the ones that might die are like crazy bright patterns you see on Shein mauve the longer shorts too that we saw during quarantine,” said Rose Perez, a Geology major.

These exaggerated patterns provide a tacky and yet cheaply made ensemble that’s better left on a costume rack.

Dark Colors

Spring is usually a sign of colorful and pastelish pieces, however there isn’t any room for moody and dark colors. Not only do they go against the status quota, but they only attract heat. 

“What’s not fashionable in spring, is dark and moody colors,” said Chinlonge Phou, a transfer student in chemistry. 

Dark colors would work to only exemplify the outfit if the main focus was brighter tones, however if the overall outfit is simply dark-colored and in the darker shades, it’ll give off the person just rolled out of bed and threw on whatever they could find.