Tips to keep graduation classy

416
0

Always stuck at choosing the right outfit to wear at graduation? 

Rest assured, in this how-to etiquette, that will detail ways on accomplishing the perfect ensemble. 

“During the graduation it’s hot, you can switch it right after,” said Mariana Arellano, a marketing student. 

Graduation is notoriously known for having a lengthy affair  and having a toasty venue, thanks to all the bodies next to each other. 

Guide will provide you an insight on creating timeless style that is fashionable, unique, and won’t make you look back at your pictures from the event with cringe.

DO THIS:

Simple color scheme.

For graduates, you want to make sure you wear complimentary colors that exemplify your stoles, cords, and graduation gown. Anything that clashes with your color scheme, for example an item color on the opposite side of the color wheel, can definitely make you stick out like a sore thumb. For example pairing maroon with shades of red or gold, if that doesn’t work, pairing the black gown with remotely any color on the wheel. Are you saying these are recommendations?

Outfit Pt 2 

“I just wore a short white dress, because afterwards you can change, no one is seeing what is worn under the grad,” said Jerikah Cruz, a marketing student. While it’s true, no one will see what you’re wearing underneath the grad-gown, it’s best to keep it simple. Following the first “do” keeps the fit simple and easy to move around in. Mixing in comfortability with presentability is a win-win situation

Dress to impress

At the end of the day, you’re attending a graduation. 

It’s important to look your best in first impressions, on-stage, photos, and much more. Looking fresh off the mannequin or a ready to wear look is always a go-to. Think of Met-gala but as if you’re a journalist covering the show, and with intention to look at least presentable to the celebrities. 

The outfit can include  comfortable loafers that are remotely universal with any outfit.

DON’T DO THIS:

Leave the casual style at home

While ultimately a pair of jeans and a white shirt might work, for a quick run to the grocery store, this is a monumental moment. Whether that be for the graduates, or an attendee, it’s a moment to look a bit-more put together than usual. 

Leave the extra layers at home

As mentioned, graduation is long. Whether you’re in the audience waiting for you graduate to walk across the stage, or wearing the graduation gown, layering can cause excessive heat. Don’t wear too many bulky items to compensate for underdressing, choose simplicity such as black slacks with a white button up to achieve the ageless archetype. 

Don’t outshine the graduate, you’re not the main character baby

“Remember, it’s their special day. Not yours,” said Merrick White, a fashion blogger from Merrick’s Art, who mentions a general tip overall. Circling back to “Dress to impress” remember attendee’s, it’s the graduate’s special day. Leave the spotlight to those who are walking, and accomplishing their goal. Avoid wearing staple pieces that move the conversation onto you instead of highlighting the graduate’s accomplishments.