Live! From the 209: Highlighting local shows with free admission

936
0

Second and fourth Tuesdays @ CAPs Pizza

Want to see working comedians from all over the valley, Sacramento, and the Bay Area? ‘Comedy Night’ is twice monthly at CAPs Pizza in Stockton. This comedy mic is fast becoming a destination for working comedians from the surrounding areas to try new material and hone their skills as well as some new faces looking to make their debut. 

I personally started this show Dec. 14, 2021, and I am proud to see how much it has grown in under a year.  The owners of this business care about comedy and enjoy having live performances hosted at their venue.

There is no cover charge, over 20 cold beers on tap, and great, fresh pizza to enjoy.
Get there early to grab a good seat and tell your friends! CAPs is located on 7628 Pacific Ave., next to Zen Garden Wellness. 

For more information contact CAPs via phone (209)594-0749. Ryan Holloway will be hosting this show for the rest of the 2022 and can be contacted via Instagram. @RyanHumor
I am also available to answer any questions on IG: @Mykelsen

First and third Thursdays @ Finnegan’s

Craving more live comedy? This local spot is a little gem. Finnegan’s is a well established venue and watering hole for locals to gather over food and cold drinks. From DJ performances, live music, and karaoke there’s something here for everyone throughout the week. 

Now, ‘Open Mic Night’ takes place every first and third Thursday at 9 p.m., and is hosted by Jordan Quattlebaum. 

With sign ups  at 8:30 p.m., now you too can get on  stage  and  try  your  jokes,  or  sit back and watch local comedians stop by to work on their material. 

While you’re there check out the menu, grab some wings or a delicious burger and hang out. Finnegan’s has a well executed menu with reasonable prices and great food. 

You’ll find local regulars and local comics mingling about during ‘Open Mic Night’. 

Finnegan’s iocated at 6002 Pacific Ave. in Stockton, on the corner of Swain Road.

Have questions? You can inquire with Jordan Quattlebaum on his Instagram. @JordanQbaum

Second and fourth Thursdays @
Bay Boys Brewing in Tracy

If you’re looking for something earlier or closer to Tracy, look no further than at Bay Boys Brewery. Every second and fourth Thursday they have ‘Comedy Open Mic’ hosted by Manuel Martin. 

This establishment is a micro brewery, serving up fresh brew on tap made in house every day! From tart sours, to rich stouts, to robust hoppy IPAs, there is something on their beer menu that you’re sure to find worthy of your thirst.

Sign ups start at 7 p.m. and the show is at 7:30 p.m., which is perfect for early morning weekday schedules. 

There is no kitchen for food service, however parked right out front is a food truck. 

Every time they seem to have something different so you’’ never get bored of this menu. Meanwhile have a seat and watch the comics. 

Being on the doorstep of the Bay Area, you’ll see quite a few more of them at this mic, in addition to some familiar faces you may have seen previously at the shows in Stockton.  Bay Boys  Brewing is located at 1005 E. Pescadero Ave. #111, Tracy.

Grab a pint and a laugh! 

For more information contact Manual Martin on Instagram. @Manual_Laughs

Local band ‘No Citrus’ releases
debut album with Friday show

On Friday, Nov. 11, at 6 p.m. head on down to The Hatch Workshop for the debut album release of “No Citrus.” Don’t miss them making their debut in recording.

No Citrus is a three-member local band featuring lead vocalist and bass guitarist Jamie Dennis, lead guitarist and backup vocalist Lotus T. and drummer Dominique.  

For any questions about the band you can contact them on Instagram @NoCitrus209.

No Citrus will be joined by Amazon Crimes. (Instagram:@AmazonCrimesBand0)

The Hatch Workshop is located at 40 S. Union St. in Stockton. For more information about The Hatch location, contact Jazz on instagram @ElderJazz or Queen Raj @QueenRajah.