Professional attire now available in Food Pantry

279
0

With the start of a new semester, new attire has entered the food pantry giving students a formal, classy look with a $25 price tag still on.’

Being a college student, classes and textbooks drain you of your money, but with the help of the food pantry, students can be successful, whether it’s with food or new clothes.

Especially with prices of items skyrocketing, when it comes time to needing blazers and slacks for a job interview or fancy attire for a special occasion, the food pantry will provide with their new selection.

“We’re very happy to be able to help our students in this way, and we hope it relieves some of the financial burden of buying brand new professional attire, which can be quite expensive,” said the Director of Student Activities, Shayla Walker.

The new business attire compared to last semester’s clothing, sold out leaving the clothing stands nearly empty with a few newly added colorful collared shirts.

“The Food Pantry has always offered clothing that had been donated,” said Walker. “But this is the first time that new attire is available for students.”

The food pantry now also offers socks.

“So far the clothing has been very popular, to the point where we may need to order more in the near future,” said Walker.

While last semester’s clothing was more casual wear which included a few blouses, button-ups, slacks, and dresses available for free for students, this semester is more business and professional wear.

This semester’s clothing was shocking to see when walking into the food pantry considering how the attire looked on the clothing stands. 

Considering how well the clothing sold out, students enrolled in the food pantry must’ve loved the new attire.

On the other hand, this semester clothing is 8 points out of the 16 points students receive weekly. Food items remain the same with big boxed food being 3 points, cans being 2 points, and small package foods like granola bars being 1 point.

Overall in a semester, students receive 100 points, you don’t have to use all your points on your weekly visits.

You can sign up for the food pantry through an online application available through the Delta College website. The food pantry offers services to those currently enrolled at Delta.

Business attire can be found at the back of the food pantry, in Shima 101.

The food pantry is open Tuesday-Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

For more information about the Student Food Pantry visit deltacollege.edu/student-life/office-student-activities/student-food-pantry.