Basic Needs Center hosts Spring Campus Resource Fair

212
0

On Wednesday, Feb. 8, Delta College’s Basic Needs Center Hosted its Spring Campus Resource Fair.

This event took place in the upper hall of Danner Hall. The fair had different clubs/programs, giveaways, and food for students.

The fair was to help students become familiar with what resources Delta provides for students and also have the opportunity to talk one-on-one with administrators regarding these programs.

“We want to bring awareness of Delta’s resources to better the likes of students and want everyone to feel welcome. Also use outside extra resources food, housing, and mental well being,” said Jaime Merlon, the Student Program Specialist for the Basic Needs program.

Among those tabling were the Pride Center, DARTE ( Direct Adults on the Right TrAC for Employment), and representatives from some of Delta Colleges Transfer and Career Pathways (TrACs).

Also included were the Associated Students of Delta College (ASDC), The Basic Needs Center, California Mini-Corps, the Veterans Resource Center, the campus police department, Disability Center, EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) Phoenix Project and KWDC.

The EOPS program was there to give a chance for students to sign up for the program.

The program helps students with free textbooks, financial support, priority registration with classes, faster access to counseling services, and financial awards for those who follow the program requirements and as long as they take 12 or more units.

Another resource program Delta has is DARTE which offers free college classes, laptops, and books. The program is designed for the working adult to help out with career paths and get a jump start on college.

Programs like Veterans Resources Center and Disability Support Program were there to remind students these services are in Delta to help them.