Annual Dreamers Conference welcomes all

Delta College’s Dreamers Success Center is set to host its annual Dreamers Conference on Feb. 25 in Danner Hall from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.

375
0

Saturday’s conference will be the first held in person and on campus since 2020.

The annual conference offers undocumented high school and college students an opportunity to learn about the resources available to them here at Delta College.

This year’s conference is set to feature a keynote speaker and financial aid workshops. Informative workshops about Assembly Bill 540, which helps lower the cost of tuition for undocumented students, the DREAM application, and SB 554 will also be available. 

Free food and drinks will be provided. Attendees will also have the opportunity to enter raffles to win iPads, shirts, and other prizes.

Beyond the conference, Tina Leal, Resource Specialist at the Dreamers Success Center, stresses that the center itself is there to provide resources to all undocumented people in the Stockton community.

“The Dreamers Success Center is for anybody undocumented,” said Leal.

She stresses that these resources are available not only for students but for their families and allies as well.

The center can provide any undocumented person in Stockton with resources to learn English, apply for a Social Security Number, access legal counsel, and apply for financial aid, among other resources.

“We are here to advocate for you and hold your hand through the whole process,” she said.

Recently, Leal and the Dreamers Success Center were able to help provide English learning courses to a couple immigrating from Russia. 

“The Dreamer’s Success Center in Holt 201 is for all students,” Leal said. “You do not have to be undocumented. You can come up here, you can study, you can eat and study. You can have your club meetings here.”

Those interested in attending this year’s Dreamers Conference can register at https://bit.ly/2023DreamConference