Which bucket packs the best boo?

287
0

Burger King is stepping into the ring to challenge the reigning champ of Halloween-themed fast food kitsch, McDonald’s, introducing a “Trick or Heat” boo bucket to compete with McDonald’s long-running holiday special.

We all are likely familiar with the 33-year tradition from McDonald’s, although the chain did take a brief hiatus between 2016 and 2021.

Known for their famous orange boo buckets, McDonald’s has been in the game for spooky season being a common candy bag for children.

I know that last year I used my boo basket for trick or treating.

Throughout McDonald’s reign of Halloween-themed fast food buckets, the colors have changed along with the handles

Burger King’s take, featuring ghost pepper chickens around the bucket that glow in the dark, only costs $1, compared to McDonalds buckets costing around $6.

Then again — McDonald’s buckets come with food.

“Trick or Heat” buckets came out on Friday the 13th of this month in only four cities which include Nashville Tennessee, Las Vegas Nevada, Charlotte North Carolina and Atlanta Georgia.

Though those of us who can’t experience Burger King’s buckets, we can still get a limited-edition ghost pepper crown for free at any Burger King location. 

All you do is ask for a hat and a hat you are given, so grab a crown before they run out.

Or you can head to McDonald’s and grab one of the four different designs before the 31st and randomly get a bucket that’s a monster (green), skeleton (orange), mummy (white) or vampire (purple).

Another new bucket this year is the purple bucket for McDonald’s which once was a witch.

Besides a fancy hat, Burger King offers a “Trick or Heat” meal with ghost pepper fries and ghost pepper burgers but it honestly doesn’t compare to “Trick or Heat” buckets. 

Though McDonald’s doesn’t have any food for Halloween yet, Boo buckets include Halloween stickers.

Speaking of food, McDonald’s boo buckets are happy meals but without the usual happy meal box. Your choices are a hamburger, cheeseburger, four piece nugget or six piece nugget meal.

With not so much of a battle between the buckets considering “Trick or Heat” baskets are only in four cities, McDonalds wins by default.

Get your McDonalds buckets and your Burger King crown and get trick or treating!