Election results as of March 7 from the Stockton City Council District 6 race.

Election Day in California took place on Mar. 5. Businessman Jason Lee and Vice Mayor Kimberley Warmsley are currently in the lead for Stockton’s District 6 City Council seat.

District 6 has six candidates running for the city council seat: Lee, Warmsley, Ralph White, Ronnie Murray Sr., Satnam Singh and Zoyla Moreno. 

South/East Stockton is part of District 6, which covers Weston Ranch, Charter Way, the Metropolitan Stockton airport area and a small part of French Camp.

San Joaquin County registrar voters’ website shows 368,210 registered voters. By 8:17 p.m., voter turnout was at 13.9 percent and 51,692 ballots were counted, with Jason Lee leading the race for District 6. As of March 7, with 17.2 percent turnout, that hasn’t changed. 

Lee remains in the lead for District 6 with 874 votes or 38.71 percent. Warmsley is in second with 691 votes, or 30.60 percent.

However, election results are not official until April 12, according to the California Secretary of State’s website. Once the results are verified, the top two candidates will advance to the November general election if no candidate receives more than 50 percent of the vote.

Lee celebrates his victory by posting on Instagram on March 6.

“Stockton, thank you for believing in me! We came out on top and made it to the general. If you thought that campaign was something wait until you see what’s next. There are still 33,000 uncounted ballots and we are trending up so the numbers will definitely shift. I love my hometown more than anything in the world and the fact that we came out on top shows that you love me too. Together we are going to transform the city into the oasis we all know it to be,” Lee posted.