Mountain House incorporation: Measures D, E 

Measure D is a measure that decided whether or not Mountain House would be incorporated into a city. It is likely to pass, with 1,417 (91.13 percent) votes in favor compared to 138 (8.87 percent) votes as of March 7.

Measure E was another measure related to the incorporation of Mountain House, it decides how the new city will be organized and if it will be an “at large,” “by district” or “from district” system. 

Currently “at large” is leading with 691 (44.78 percent) votes as of March 7. If at large is chosen, it would mean that representatives of Mountain House would represent the entire population rather than districts.

The position for mayor of Mountain House is most likely to go to Andy Su, who currently holds 1,021 (62.03 percent) votes.
The mayor and the two council members receiving the most votes will serve four-year terms ending in November 2028, while the two council members receiving the lower number of votes will serve a two-year term ending in November 2026.

Currently, the standings for the Mountain House council member race are Matt Disko with 994 (20.77 percent) votes, Daniel Edward Harrison with 845 (17.66 percent) votes, Bernice King Tingle with 717 (14.98 percent) votes, and Ronna Green with 645 (13.48 percent) votes.

Proposition 1

According to the voter’s information guide, Proposition 1 would allocate $140 million of existing tax revenue for “mental health, drug, and alcohol treatment.”

This proposition was voted for during the March 5 primary and it received 2,170,937 (50.3 percent) votes in favor, meaning the proposition will be approved if it maintains that majority when results are finalized.

Assembly districts
The standings of Assembly District 9 as of March 8 is Republican Heath Flora with 35,325 (73.9 percent) and Independent Tami Nobriga with 12,487 (26.1percent) as of March 7.

Assembly District 13 has Democrat Rhodesia Ransom with 12,445 (39.73 percent) votes, Republican Denise Aguilar Mendez at 11,766 ( 37.56 percent) votes  and democratic Edith Villapuada with 7,115 (22.71 percent) votes.

Jerry McNerney, a political veteran, who served as the representative of Congressional District 9 from 2007 up until 2023 was able to garner 19,027 votes (31.18 percent).

Carlos Villapudua, who has served in the state assembly for District 13 since 2020, trailed just behind Mcnerney with 14,209 votes (23.29 percent)

Given that no single candidate has crossed the 50 percent threshold to win the position outright, it seems likely that this race will continue into the general election in the fall.

State Senate District 5

The primary for the seat of Senate District 5 has concluded with Republican Jim Shoemaker with 27,782  Votes (45.53 percent) demonstrating a respectable lead over the nearest rivals as of March 7. 

United States Senate seats (Full Term and Partial Term)

There are two elections ongoing to replace the late Sen. Diane Feinstein, who died Sept. 29, 2023.

The first is for a partial term that will cover what is left of Feinstein’s term, replacing Laphonza Butler, who was appointed as interim senator by Gov. Gavin Newsom. The winner of this race will serve from the end of the general election in November to the start of the full term in January of 2025.

The other election is for the full term position that would begin next January and last through 2031.

The two leading candidates for both the full and partial term are current House District 30 representative Adam B. Schiff and former MLB player Steve Garvey.

For the partial term, Garvey has 1,503,961 (34.3 percent) votes and Schiff has 1,353,938 (30.8 percent) votes as of March 7.

For the full term, Garvey has 1,396,241 (32.3 percent) votes and Schiff has 1,437,932 (33.2 percent) votes as of March 7.

The lack of a clear majority for one of the candidates means that it will likely go to the general election in November. 

Presidential Race
Joe Biden, the current sitting president of the United States, has won the California Democratic primary. As of March 6, Joe Biden has received 1,737,415 votes across the state of California meaning that he will most likely be the Democratic presidential nominee.

On the other side of the aisle, former President Donald Trump has won the Republican Presidential primary with a total of 1,127,855 dwarfing the runner-up Nikki Haley’s 257,788. 

Following this most recent set of primaries, Nikki Haley has announced that she is ending her campaign. This will most likely mean that Donald Trump will be the Republican presidential nominee.