Spooky Halloween treats to sink your fangs into

654
0

To trick or treat this upcoming season? These treats might make you change your mind! 

During the month of October, various food chains surrounding Delta College have welcomed the idea of Halloween-themed foods and have kept the tradition going through the years! If you’re craving something new here are some foods to keep an eye on from a sweet doughy treat to a tricky spicy sandwich! 

McDonald’s

McDonald’s kicks off this spooky season with their nostalgia hitting Boo Buckets. 

They were released on Oct. 18 and are while supplies last. These famous buckets are not only what your Happy Meal comes in, but these holiday buckets can also be used to Trick or Treat with! They come in three different colors: green (McGoblin), orange (McPunk’n), and white (McBoo). These Happy Meals include a choice of a cheeseburger, hamburger, or chicken nuggets, fries, and a drink. 

Burger King 

This may be the spookiest sandwich I’ve seen. 

Burger King has released the Ghost Pepper Whopper on Oct. 17 and it is limited time.

After a viral meme of the past Halloween Whopper with two black buns had risen resembling the Nasty Patty from SpongeBob SquarePants, the new Whopper has since changed to orange buns. 

The sandwich consists of two toasted orange buns, bacon, a beef patty, crispy jalapeños, spicy queso, and the star is the ghost pepper cheese. 

Starbucks 

Looking for an energy boost before your next class? 

Pumpkin Spice has returned for the Fall season and comes in many different drinks. Starbucks released this fall drink and many anticipate it once the leaves change. This drink comes as a latte (hot or iced), blended, or as a cold brew!

Peet’s Coffee

Pumpkin Spice is no stranger to the season, but for those who cannot have dairy, they have a pumpkin spice option for you! Their pumpkin sauce is completely vegan and is a great alternative for those who are vegan/ dairy free. Make sure to swap out the milk for your choice of nondairy milk and you have yourself a vegan latte. Their drink also comes as a latte (hot or iced), blended, or as a cold brew!

Krispy Kreme 

Krispy Kreme has rebranded this Halloween as Krispy Skremes! 

They are having a limited time offer of a Haunted House dozen doughnuts. They include limited time flavors such as the Spooky Spider Doughnut, Boo Batter Doughnut, Scaredy Cat Doughnut, Neon Orange Sprinkle Doughnut, Pumpkin Spice Cake Doughnut, and mini iced doughnuts with sprinkles. 

They are also offering “Saturday Scary Sharies,” which is every Saturday from Oct.15 to Halloween, anyone who buys any dozen doughnuts can also get another dozen of original glazed for $2. 

Baskin Robbins 

The ice cream chain of 31 flavors has added a new Flavor of the Month that includes a ghostly trick. 

This October Baskin Robbins is including their new Spicy n’ Spooky flavor which includes dark chocolate ice cream, spicy blood orange flakes and Ghost Pepper! 

Cold Stone Creamery

If you are looking for a little bit of everything sweet, Cold Stone’s Boo Batter Ice Cream is for you.

It is their original Cake Batter Ice Cream mixed to black and includes Halloween Oreo cookies, M&M’S, and KitKats. This treat can be served in a waffle cone or a cup of various sizes.