From Bob Marley to Wade Wilson: Cinema in 2024 is going to have a lot of familiar faces

125
0

Movie enthusiasts are looking forward to 2024’s cinematic delights as we make our way into the new year. 

This year’s lineup promises to fascinate fans and revolutionize the cinematic landscape with everything from highly anticipated sequels, including “Kung Fu Panda 4,” “Deadpool & Wolverine,” “Despicable Me 4”, to more original concepts like “Bob Marley: One Love,” “Red One” and “The Fall Guy.” 

Barry Jay Angub, a second-year student, has high hopes and said he is exhilarated about “Deadpool 3” which is slated for release on July 26.

“Deadpool & Wolverine” is the movie I am most excited for because I’ve always liked Deadpool movies and no other upcoming projects really interest me,” Angub said.

As the anticipation for the Deadpool movies is high, a new sequel to the series is expected to match previous Box Office success, with the previous two movies earning $1.57 billion, according to Box Office Mojo, a database of box office records maintained by IMDb (Internet Movie Database).

Fans believe these sequels will have major influence from the last two movies.

“I believe that previous works have major influence in upcoming sequels. For example the new sequels can build upon the characters and story lines from previous movies,” said Angub. “In addition they can also take creative ideas from past films that made the movie so successful and incorporate it into the sequel.”

Other film enthusiasts including third-year student Lizbeth Pena Lopez are thrilled about Bob Marley’s, biographical film “Bob Marley: One Love” which was released on Valentine’s Day. 

“Bob Marley: One Love” is about the legendary reggae singer and recording artist. The story takes place in the period between his peace concerts in Jamaica in 1976 and 1978, it includes music and historical details related to Marley’s life. 

“The movie that I am most excited to see is the “Bob Marley: One Love” movie. I’ve listened to his music so I wanted to know a little bit more about his life, how he became famous and how he died,” Lopez said.

Second-year student Chatin Sadhra said he’s also excited for the Deadpool movie set for release on July 26.

“One movie trailer that caught my attention was Wolverine and Deadpool, one part mainly was when they started fighting. That caught my attention because action movies are cool. I love action movies and it looks like they are going to have a lot of combat in the movie,” said Sadhra.

In 2024, moviegoers can anticipate a wide variety of genres, such as comedy, horror, and historical stories. 

Some other movies set to release this year also include “Snow White,” “Dune 2,” “Inside Out 2,” “Garfield,” “Venom 3” and many more movies.