Manteca brings back Kiwanis Pumpkin Fair

1933
0

The Manteca Kiwanis Pumpkin Fair was brought to the community at the start of October to celebrate the beautiful city of Manteca. The fair had rides for kids, stand vendors who sell apparel, items, and foods. 

The event was hosted in downtown Manteca on Oct. 2 and Oct. 3 from 10 to 6 p.m.The event featured live music for families to enjoy, as well as a haunted house and a car show that was hosted only on Sunday.

“This is my first time at the Manteca fair and it’s a new experience for me.” says Icela Herandez. “It’s nice that little shops come and the local people come in and support them and get together.”  

“I was not able to try all the foods but I did get a chance to try an ice cream and churro from SQ Bizuri Ice Cream however I did like the variety of foods that there was.” 

She did say it was her first year therefore she was not able to compare this year’s fair to last year but she wishes there were more rides for the kids.

Icela’s aunt Ana Isidro said it was also her first time in the Manteca Kiwanis Pumpkin Fair. 

“The fair is small but it’s nice to see the community support one another. We both moved to Manteca this year so definitely something new for both of us. I see so many stands and noticed people sign up to have stands and that is something I am looking forward to next year,” she said, “Next year I will like to have a stand on my own and bring something into the community.”