An Easter Day With Me

1092
0

Easter is a sunny, fun, memorable, and chocolatey day with family for me.

Since I can remember, growing up and until this day my family and I have been celebrating Easter at a park where we can grill. Every year my family and I gather with my aunts, uncles and cousins to have a get together and cook Mexican meals.

For example, we grill carne asada at the park with rice, beans, tortillas and a delicious sauce on the side. The adults always make sure to bring desserts or sides to accompany the food.

However, the most important thing that we can’t miss are the plastic fillable eggs, delicious chocolates and the empty eggs to toss one another.

Easter has been a religious holiday celebration since the resurrection of Jesus.

This year Easter falls on April 17.

Despite being a religious holiday, today in America, Easter has transformed into a celebration culture of bunnies, chocolates, egg hunting and great store deals.

For these reasons, store companies have not hesitated to take advantage of advertising Easter Day celebrations to create great shopping deals.

So is Easter a religious day or has it become secular?

As Easter approaches, when walking into big box stores, like Walmart or Target, the first thing you seem to come across would be Easter deals and accessories you can use for the day. For example, plastic eggs , baskets, candy and chocolates.

If you are a person like me who’s family likes to grill on holidays like these, you can also factor the prices for ice and charcoal briquettes that can be pricer if you buy on the holiday.

Therefore, can we argue that for this reason many aren’t celebrating Easter as a holiday, but as a day to celebrate with family or to take advantage of the store deals.

I’m not surprised that many company stores are using this holiday to advertise holiday deals because we are a country that has a day, Black Friday, where stores celebrate to have online and in store deals.

If you are a person like me that subscribes to your favorite stores to get the latest deal, then you can relate that few stores have started their deals since the beginning of April.

After April 1, due to April Fools’ Day, stores did not delay to move on to their next holiday deals as I began to receive advertising emails from my favorite stores like Coach, Nordstrom Rack, Ulta and many more to take advantage of the Easter deals.

Growing up I really thought Easter was a celebration to gather with my family and never really viewed it as a religious holiday.

Hence, in my opinion, I’m glad Easter is not only a celebration that is seen as a religious holiday in this country, but also a family gathering because Easter has great activities for kids. Growing up hunting eggs was always something fun for me and my cousins because seeing who gets the most eggs or what is inside the eggs excited all of us.

Today, I enjoy seeing the youngest of my cousins, nieces and nephews enjoy the Easter hunt.