Link Up Expo in Manteca provides opportunities

1907
0

Fresh, stylish, and limited items up for sale featuring over numerous resold clothes and sneakers, the Link Up expo provides an open space for designers and resellers to supply booths with their items.

From packed parking lots, to people pulling wagons full of shoe boxes, many people crowded the expo through trading or purchasing items. The Link Up event was a perfect place for sneakerheads, better known as people who were knowledgeable in sneakers and the history behind them.

Located on 910 Lifestyle St. in the south-west of the Promenade Shops at Orchard Valley in Manteca “featured with over 180+ vendors,” said on the Link Up event Instagram page.

On Apr. 30th the event is open to the public with free admission, running from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It ranged from food vendors, sneaker resellers, clothing designers, and those starting their own shop with pullable wagons. 

“I sell vintage and hype clothing, and also hard-to-find hats,” said Brandon Banks, a streetwear clothing seller, “Vintage, anything eighteen years or older. Anything hype is just something the average person can’t get that you have to pay people to wait in line for or you have to wait countless hours in line. It’s something unattainable to the average person.”

Many of the vendors at the Link Up event have a passion for business and fusing that with fashion; with the ability to create and dish out their own creations for the public.

“So I make clothes in this area, because I love designing and fashion. I have a creative mind that many people can relate to,” said Jaelen Ragedale, a Stockton-based owner of thecreativway on Instagram. “I think it’s a little difficult getting your ideas out there because it’s such a small market [in Stockton] but you can reach out to a lot of people through media without meeting them in person.”  

The Link Up event utilized Instagram to market their event to the public, providing admission details and which vendors are selling. 

While strolling around, many vendors were interacting with potential customers, bargaining with them and telling their stories. These vendors are able to do their passion while getting themselves out there. 

“I think for me, it just kind of depends on how you market and promote yourself. The market is there, but it depends on how you hustle yourself,” Jimmy Zamora, owner of Mudville clothing, a Stockton-based clothing brand.

Overall, the Link Up expo opens the door to opportunities for those planning to break the market. Many of the vendors went through troubling times but persevered through the adversity. 

Their next expo date is on June 4, so write a checklist and be on the lookout for the next set of vintage items awaiting for your arrival.