Josh Harder favored to win District 9 seat

Trustee Janet Rivera wins re-election to Delta board

1977
0

Josh Harder and Tom Patti are the top two candidates running for the United States House of Representative for District 9. 

District 9 represents San Joaquin County, specifically cities like Stockton, Manteca, and Modesto.

As of Nov. 9, Harder is leading in the polls and is projected to win. 

Harder received 44,108 votes to Patti’s 34,166 as of Nov. 9, according to the California Secretary of State.

Harder,  a Democrat, and has been a member of the House of Representatives since  2019. 

He graduated from Stanford University, Harvard Kennedy Scbool, and Harvard Business School.

Harder received key endorsements from Jerry McNerney, who holds the CA-9 seat until his retirement on Jan. 3, 2023. 

The California Labor Association, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Equality California and the United Farm Workers of America have all endorsed Harder in the race for CA-9 representative. Harder worked as a venture capitalist and teacher before going into public office.

According to Voter’s Edge, Harder’s top three priorities include addressing the high cost of living, reducing crime and homelessness, and securing water access for the Central Valley.

Patti is a Republican and member of the San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors. 

According to Patti’s campaign website, he is a Stagg High School graduate, and also attended Delta College.

Patti represents San Joaquin County’s District 3, which includes cities like Manteca, Lathrop, and part of French Camp. Patti was elected to office in 2017.

Patti gained key endorsements from the Stockton Police Officer’s Association, the San Joaquin Sheriff’s Association, as well as Californians for Life.

According to Ballotpedia.org, Patti’s campaign focused on three key issues. These issues included lowering the cost of living and  lowering gas prices, as well as empowering parents and local schools to make the best decisions for their children.

Results for the race are not expected until days after the election is officially over.

With the Democrats currently holding 175 seats in the House according to Associated Press projections, compared to Republican’s 203, this race is being closely monitored.

RIVERA RE-ELECTED

Incumbent Trustee Janet Rivera was re-elected to represent Area 3 on the Delta board on Tuesday night over challenger Grant Gibson. 

Area 3 includes Lathrop and Manteca.

As of Nov. 9, Rivera received 7,092 votes to Gibson’s 3,460, according to the San Joaquin County Registrar of Voters.