Women’s History Month deserves importance

349
0

In March, the United States celebrates women’s history for the whole month.

March 8, is the day of celebration for international women’s history that is celebrated all over the world.

The importance of Women’s History Month is something that should be celebrated and taught in schools.

For this month women are celebrated for the achievements and contributions they have made in today’s society.

I think celebrations like these are important because young girls can get inspired in continuing to celebrate the history that has helped others get to where they are today as they were fighting for equality since the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Elizabeth Cady Stanton, a leader, was the first organizer into hosting the first convention regarding women’s rights in 1848.

They fought for rights like more employment for women, or seeking higher education opportunities, speaking in front of congress by holding a position there, owning property or the right to vote.

Today former vice president Kamala Harris is the first woman in history to hold a high position in this country by being the vice president of the United States.

Women like Stanton are a few of reasons why vice president Kamala Harris has the job position she has if women did not step up for equality.

I think the history women have dealt throughout the year in this country is something that should never be neglected and be taught to kids in schools because in certain time periods women were not treated as equal like men.

An important period of time for U.S history is women’s rights. Or color women fighting for segregation and their rights as women.

An important black figure that helped find liberty for freedom was a color woman, Harriet Tubman.

In the U.S history we always learn about the many men that made a difference in the country or important holidays like memorial day, president day, segregation, and civil wars.

The celebration started in Santa Rosa in March 1978 to increase the awareness of the contribution women have made in society.

In the 1980s U.S president Jimmy Carter declared the week of March 8 National Women’s history week and encouraged everyone in the country to participate in this celebration.

And in 1987 Congress passed the celebration to be celebrated for a whole month in March.

It took up until 1918 that women finally got the right to vote when it became the 19th amendment.

The protests in early 18th and 19th were mostly white women, meanwhile Black women fought for racial desegregation and gender equality.

Harriet Tubman, an African American woman, who led slaves to freedom during the civil war. Or Amelia Earhart was the first female pilot in the U.S.

Women now have the opportunity to contribute to play big roles in the country.

These impacts are important to be celebrated because today women now have the same rights as men.

Other countries like Canada and Australia have joined the United States in honoring women history month.