Tip your hat to the class of 2023

389
0

With graduation just around the corner you may not know how to decorate your graduation cap or don’t have any ideas for what to put.

It’s simple, head to your local art stores like Hobby Lobby, or Michael’s and pick up some pom poms, letters, rhinestones, stickers, anything you want to add to your cap.

With these seven graduation caps hopefully you can recreate your own and get inspired by the selection of decorative hats.

Some items used decorating these graduation caps are hot glue, cardstock paper, tape (washi and regular), rhinestones, flowers, watercolor, paint and more.

Butterfly Away

Your Butterfly Away can be any color you want, but for this example, it’s purple. Using glitter purple cardstock paper, purple flowers, butterflies, purple rhinestones and pink glitter letters. Tape your cardstock paper down, use some hot glue and get to decorating! 

Disney adults

We’ve all seen Mickey Mouse on caps but be original this graduation season with zombie Mickey Mouse. Using lots of hot glue to recreate the blood at the cap and painting the dried glue red. The ears are Styrofoam painted black with red paint splotches and super glued on the hat.

Pom Pom Land

You may not have any ideas but sometimes all you need are random items eyeballs and pom poms so everything comes together. Using pipe cleaners, pom poms and eyeballs, I superglued everything down then added a few letters to the cap. I’d recommended using thick letters since those stay on easier rather than thin letters like the ones on this cap.

Rhinestone Galore

Get into the Y2K mood with some rhinestones on your cap with Fierce the Mustang glittered up. Using gray glitter letters and many rhinestones but make sure not to get a sheet of rhinestones instead use sticker rhinestones for an easier process. Note that depending on the texture of the cardstock paper, the rhinestones may fall out.

Record player

With this craft get creative and decorate the vinyl with your favorite song or make it funky. With white cardstock paper as the vinyl and regular paper folded into a rectangle and box, you have your very own record player cap. Adding a cardstock paper under the vinyl can be optional. 

Stars

Don’t know what to put? Just go crazy with your cap and somehow it’ll look nice, hopefully. Cutting out extra pieces of cardstock paper I taped down squares and super glued some origami stars. To add to the craziness of the cap many rhinestones were used. For the stars I used regular colored paper and cut sections for the stars.

Thanks you, Quizlet

Quizlet saved many students at Delta so let’s all say thanks to Quizlet. Cutting out random pieces of colored paper I glued the paper on cardstock paper. Afterward, I placed a mini graduation cap and scroll.