Cruising down the Miracle Mile

2154
0
Family and friends stroll on the Mile. Photo by Jelissa King
Dodge Challenger and Chevy Chevelles cruising down the Mile. Photo by Jelissa King

Every third Thursday the Miracle Mile showcases Stockton Cruise Night from the months of May to October. It’s a car show event where car enthusiasts and car clubs come to the Mile and show off their beautiful toys. 

The event planner, Justin Juencke, has been hosting Stockton Cruise Night since 2019. The event’s goal is to provide the Stockton community with family-friendly entertainment. 

“When I lived in Long Beach, I started Cruise Night out there. I’m originally from Stockton and once I moved back I wanted to bring Cruise Night out here. In the beginning, I received a lot of backlash about how the car meets’ could bring violence and trouble. But everyone who shows up is respectful to each other and the Miracle Mile. I wanted to bring something positive for the Stockton community,” said Juencke.

Cruise Night definitely gave a positive vibe throughout the night. All the attendees greeted everyone on the street; showed their cars off, took photo ops, and had a good time. TAPS Barrel House offered happy hour from 6 to 8 p.m. during the cruise, while old-school music from the 1950s-80s era; serenading Pacific Avenue.

Jay Cuttem’s Barbershop owner, Jaycen Talley, brings out his 77’ Chevrolet Caprice Classic. This is Jays’ 2nd time attending Stockton Cruise Night on the Miracle Mile. Photo by Jelissa King

The amount of cars that participate varies each time, but up to 150 classic cars and motorcycles make appearances on the mile. Barbershop owner, Jaycen Talley, attended his second cruise night showcasing his ‘77 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. 

“This is my second time attending cruise night. Me and some of my boys just come out here to cruise and check out the classics. Me, attending so far, has always been a good time,” Talley said.

The Cruise Night merch pop-up tent is located between La Palma Mexican Restaurant and Thai Me Up on Tuxedo Court. The event is open to the public and any car/motorcycle enthusiast can join the cruise for free. 

The next Stockton Cruise Night is Oct. 19. It will be the last cruise night of the year.