Late start classes available for end-of-fall

364
0

Fall is finally upon us and that means it’s finally time for the season of ghouls, ghosts, and the scariest of all, forgetting that you signed up for a late starting class in August and weeping as you open Canvas.

Delta College offers a plethora of late starting classes from the second week of the semester to Oct. 15 when final courses begin.

During the week of Sept. 25, at least 90 classes began, covering a variety of subjects and disciplines. Students hoping to fit another three units in can look at open, late-start classes in business, agriculture, dance, and sociology make up just a few of the offerings from this new slate of classes “late-starting classes often give students more flexibility in planning around their busy lives,” said Alex Breitler, the director of marketing and communications for Delta College. He highlights the value in the condensed nature of late-start classes “Shorter classes may be more intense because more material is being introduced in a shorter amount of time, but they may be helpful for students who are juggling many other responsibilities.”

One such class is DANCE 3 – Choreography.“

This course is an introduction to choreography through a series of problem-solving activities,” according to this year’s course catalog. Alongside this, there are several more dance classes teaching more aspects of dance.

Or if dance isn’t your thing, maybe you can take AJ 21 – Criminal Justice in Society, a course that “introduces students to the characteristics of the criminal justice system in the United States” with even more options for the law-school bound.

But of course, those are incredibly specialized, what about the basics? You’re in luck there are late-start classes for ENG 1A – Reading and Composition and ENG 1B – College Comp/Literature which could help you get through any of the general education requirements you might be falling short of.

“I took a personal finance class and it was too hard for me,” says Joe Demasi, a Delta College student and fellow staff writer for the Collegian, who balances being a full-time student on top of work. “I’d much rather take it in person” He dropped his personal finance class in favor of something else, opting to take it next semester. “I took the 4th class, public speaking, to qualify for financial aid”
Is your load looking a little light? Classes have been easier than you thought. Maybe you’re falling just short of more financial aid. There are still classes with seats available in this set of late-starting classes. 

“Fall into success with our upcoming classes!” reads the post by the official Delta College made on Sept. 20 to advertise the upcoming class start. “Plus, adding one more class may qualify you for more financial aid,” meaning that if you’re short of an academic goal you might be able to find a class to fill that void if you’re looking for a list of late-start classes, visit: https://www.deltacollege.edu/open-class-list and search by date.